Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Light At The End of The Tunnel

Got a chance at making some extra money this week so materials are bought . It looks like I have everything or really close to it to finish the two hulls and get the major part of the deck started. 

5 Sheets of 3/8 are paid for and should be delivered some time this after noon or tomorrow.  Could only get 2 sheets of AC locally so the deck and mid section of each hull will be in CDX but what the heck it will work for now.  That is why I have electric sanders. 


Today was a good day at the stores.  Everything went  my way in the wood department. Went to Tractor supply. The cash register shows that they sold me  9  6 ft tree stakes  on clearance for 99 cents  each.  If I scarf them or put lap joints in with the marine grade epoxy I bought I bet 2 or 3 of them lined up would work for a mast. If that does not work out I'm seriously thinking banana boat for the single hull so I can at least get out on the water .  So the wood type  is not  the best. I'm not planning on this toy lasting a life time. At this  point I am officially planning on recycling the hulls to go in to THE REAL BOAT so I'm don't really care if they last more then a couple of seasons. "The Toy" is about having some fun. The " tree stakes" and  metal rings would work for outriggers.  As far as that goes I could leave the deck here, load both hulls and use them as banana boats on purpose. The more I look at things other folks on line have done the more ideas I get on how different configurations of this boat could be used .
  Found two 6 ft warped dog ear fence pickets. The warp is like the curved line on a rudder or center board.  Other then that they are perfectly straight for 1.00 each.   Found  a bundle of  12  8 ft long 1 x 2  that had a real nasty portion that had been broke off. At 25 cents a stick I scarfed those up so fast the yard guy did not know what hit him. I found out they are cedar. Seems like I remember reading that is a good thing,. They will work for trim on the hull when I put the top board on or possibly as bow sprit. Thinking they MIGHT work for chine boards for the guys Puddle ducks but not sure on that.
   Tried to download BOOTS pic to this system to post.The danged drive absolutely refused  to read the card  in the thumb drive USB  adapter.  My son is going to download them to his system and email them to me so will get them posted sooner or later. He has the camcorder on his camping trip so can't do any pics or  videos for a bit but progress is being made.  Some where around here I am about 98 % sure I have an old digital camera put up but I don't remember where I put it since we have been using his. Oh well, maybe with all the rain they are predicting I'll find it when it is raining and can't work outside.  Life happens.


Then again, it has been occurring to me, just about the time  get ready to go work outside lately it has been raining. This living room is 22 ft long and the hull is only 18 ft more or less. Yeah, you know where this is going.   I measured it off. If I put the couch on the other side of the living room and  get the table lamp out  of the way.......

 May all your winds take you exactly where you want to go.

No comments: