Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Roca ancor testimony

There was a discussion on one of my yahoo groups about how some of the Chinese made Roca anchors built recently were  made from metal that is not up to specs.This is an excerpt from that posting from a guy who has had one for 5 years. . Apparently if you can get one that was made a while back or one not made in China they are darned good anchors.


"I will tell you that in 5 years of owning one. It sets in it's own length every time and has never dragged in any bottom condition if using anything near proper scope.
I wouldn't buy a different brand. If you gave me another brand, I'd sell it and get another Rocna......
My boat is a windage barn, (51 foot cat). It's held in 50+ knot gusts, steady 40's. I'm not in the frame of mind to go out and test it in conditions I don't ever want to be in, so you'll have to go with the above.
Yep, that's a testimonial! No one pays me.

Scott s/v Beach House

Thanks Scott"

No comments: