Search This Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Boat Dogs, Kindle and Current Events

Well I started leash training the girls. Abbey is catching on to the idea that walking along side of me is easier then being steadily tugged along.  She is not responding to  treats so much as lots of affection. Sandy on the other hnad responds to affection but seems more interested in the treats.
Sandy seems to be familiar with the concept of walking on a leash or is just one extremly smart dog, I'm not sure which, probably both.  I'm guessing she was on a leash before the  peope I got her from had her.  Sandy is the one that when she hears the treat bag  responds  immediately. Abbey will look at you like she is just not sure if it is worth the effort until she is right next to you . 

Tip on treats, The ones I got are about an inch to two inches long. I broke up a bunch and put them in a zip bag. Its easier then breaking them up as needed when you have dogs clamoring for them,


A while back I was introduced to Christine Kling books .This woman can write a real page turner. As a result I stated following the blog  " Write on Water". Now many are not interested in writing as a means to make a living. For those who are,  I highly suggest following this blog. The recent post have been about the economics of writing. Two separate post,  both saying  the same thing, gets my attention. If your going to self publish Kindle is apparently the way to go. The specific links to this topic are here.  Christine's Original blog on Principles versus Income.             Mike's response

Not a lot else going on . Have been working on getting this house finished  so I can sell it to buy THE boat. I'm down to the piddling little stuff that takes time more then money so that's good.  The good news is it looks like we have a way to solve what has turned into a night mare over the deed. It has to go to court. The evidence I have is solid. Its a matter of seeing if an attorney I can afford will take it.  I spoke with an attorney the 4th of Sept. I'm waiting on an answer. If your a praying person , praying that this is resolved expeditiously so I can sell the house would be appreciated. The way it is now I can't even legally rent it out . The idea was rent it out and get on the water at one of the area lakes if all else fails, while I'm waiting for this other deal comes through. So far it's a catch 22, I'm between a rock and a hard place. 
That's about all for now.
Sail safe but sail!

2 comments:

The Great and Powerful Oz said...

Just make sure you know the real meaning of "dog the hatches", it doesn't have anything to do with your furry companions...

:-)

UseDaGreyMatter said...

asked the guys on one of my groups,. got it. thanks