Search This Blog

Monday, October 25, 2010

We Test Sail

Today we tested the sail on the make shift mast in the front yard. It has no rigging except for the halyard and some ties I slipped under the battens to practice the concept of reefing but it looks really good. The idea is if I cant get all the blocks etc for the rigging this next month I can at least sail it as a crab claw. Went to take a picture and the camera was not charged so the camera is charging and tomorrow I will take a pic and post it.

Other then that today has been about saw dust. YUK! One of the guys cut me a LOT of chines for the # 1 hull. I have part of them sanded just enough to take the splinters out. Have coated all sides with Thompson's water seal.

 Tomorrow is going to be about finish sanding the chines and applying a coat of water seal on them and hopefully start assembling the bottom  out side of the hull.  Once I get hull # 1 finished getting hull 2 done should go a lot faster since I will have the basics already accommodated.

No comments: