Search This Blog

Saturday, October 1, 2011

It is FINALLY About THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Original as delivered




Tore out wood, removed flotation foam. It was just big blocks of foam thrown any which way that had a LOT of empty space in between the chunks. I reinstalled it  more into one  solid block. Made an extra foot or so of storage room all the way across the aft end of the v berth. Yes, I used canned expanding foam to lock it into place. The experiment I did several months back says this particular brand of foam does not soak up water after several week in a glass of water on the sealed , non cut side. Since there are no cuts in the expanding foam and since this is a coastal cruiser at best and WILL NOT be out in blue water,  there should not be a problem. Since I have reinstalled all of the origami foam and and more, the flotation level should be greater. .






Good shot showing the new storage space I will have under the v berth. The thought occurs this would be a great place to put a couple of small water tanks
                




In no particular order here are a lot of the photos I've taken since she was delivered last winter. Sorry about possible duplicates from previous post.
.
definitely need to rebuild sink



        

Lots of sandiug left to do.  Under side of deck plate  hull area needs to be sanded and  painted. Lots of tiny spaces.  I am really glad I found a set of various sized sanding drums that should fit quite nicely.


I soo wish I could remember what that board goes to!!!!

Bow hatch still needs sanding, painting and two new hinges

The one spot that is actually done. Port around sink. as long as you don't look up past the shot, LOL. 





Original shot of inside
 

  Current inside as of 10/01/11





 Did I mention don't look UP?
Pop top is off and in the yard being sanded for repainting.




 Slow but sure she is starting to look better inside, one spot at at time.






Close up of  all the fun I am having getting into the tight spots to   sand. Port side window area.








Porta potti goes here. Talk about a tight fit, but you can actually sit down as long as your careful to make sure you have your self balanced.




The Pop Top

 It looks so much nicer from a distance.


 getting an orbital sander in the curves is no piece of cake but slowly she is getting done. Planning on getting as much as I can with the orbital then using drum sanders for big curves and corners to tight for orbital. Once that is done have the dremel  for really tight spots.. That Dremel is turning out to be the best tool investment I ever made.



 Trying to get some of these screws loose is a real headache, I'll get it done but I will sure be glad when this part is over,.About an hour or two of pushing that sander around  and I'm ready to call it a day.





I have no idea what the big bolt is to. They run along both sides of the pop top.,My thought is it is in place for handrails since nothing else makes sense. They are just there .Nothing is attached,. The two small holes above the bolt are where we had to take the poles that hold up the pop top out. Went to local stores trying to find a screw driver that big. It's not happening  locally. Ended up buying a very small wonder bar. Figure if nothing else I'll have one of the guys hold it tight while I pout a large socket wrench on  the nut side to break them loose.





Starboard bow wall


 Port bow wall









Sanding out stress cracks in gelcoat . Have 4 quarts of white Rustoleum marine paint at Ace Hardware I need to pick up. The sticker shock was not to bad. Only 17.00 a quart USD. Was cheaper then I expected considering the price of any thing remotely considered to be a specialty item around here puts it through the roof. No shipping charges since I had it delivered to the store. Cant say the same for the bottom paint though. Rustoleum makes a bottom paint .It comes in  Black or blue.,Trouble is I have to go to el reno store to get it.  DO not remember if it was Ace or the true value. Either way the customer service lady was really sweet and mentioned pettit does more colors. When I get time Ill check them out.





 Starboard area between head and v berth partially done.

That's all for now.  Next boat related focus as planned is me continuing to sand and paint  the pop top and interior of boat while the guys are finishing interior of house. Once we finish the big jobs still left to do on the house, it is all hands on deck so we can lift the boat to drop the  keel..




No comments: