Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

IT IS A GREAT DAY!!!!! YIPPEEEEEE!!!!!!

I have come to the conclusion that this blog is about life. You know, that thing that happens while you are working on other goals. 

Today started out as mediocre. I woke up, started writing a much needed letter that I was not really sure how I was going to word. My saw man and I spent a couple of hours trying different configuration  of the cinder blocks for around my wood stove which is sitting out side waiting to be steel brushed to get the rust off of it and painted.  I wasted hours cruising the internet looking a new toys for my Dremel. I'm not even sure how that happened. I did find some very nice toy for it though. Found a you tube videos / instructable.com on a DIY router / shaper/ table saw to build for it.
While all of this was going on, my youngest son, who is the resident mechanic, got my van running. Now all we are waiting on is minor glitch in the lights wiring and it is good to go, with the exception of a tune up and cleaning out the rear gas tank.
 I did not get one single thing that is actually hands on work done today. The Pop top is still sitting drying. I want to let the  first coat of paint I put on it the other day have a few days to dry before I put the second coat on. That small strip waiting to be sanded off of the slider to the companion way did not get touched. It is still a good day.  The van runs. That means I can pull  the boat over away from the fence to strip the starboard side. It also means we can theoretically take the boat out to the lake once I get the trailer lights hooked up.  Assuming of course the keel don't mess that up. I still have not gotten around to dealing with taking a serious look at that. Maybe I better wait on that part.

It also means I can go to Walmart and get the stain and stove paint with out someone having to walk  or ride a bike 5 miles to do it or pay the higher price for the closest hardware store. 


On top of everything else I  THINK I have found the overflow reservoir to the radiator  I need to go get the VIN to add to the order to confirm. Yes, I cheated outrageously!!!! . I posted a question on yahoo answers. It has been a night mare to find that tank.  I called the local dealer and they said it was discontinued, so had been looking for a universal to fit or modify. OK,  so after being told that I never bothered to look at the GM places.  If it is discontinued why bother? The really great news is between the cash I have in hand and the bank, I can actually afford to get it all and get those things off the non boat bucket list!!!! Tomorrow when the bank opens I transfer some money and we are off and running on that issue.
This old woman is definitely doing the HAPPY DANCE!!!!!
 It is time to celebrate!


Sail safe but sail!!!!!

No comments: