Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

It Happens!

Here I am sitting at Appleby's uploading videos  and wondering what I am going to do. Every thing is down to load and leave! I should be at the storage picking through what is going now and what is staying for the next trip and I find out I am not going any where for a bit.  I bought the van, Did a lot of remedial work, ( so much for it was well maintained by previous owner). The new shocks are on, the vacuum lines are good to go.  There was still a weird noise so the mechanic test drove it with the diagnosis of new rear end, ( ring gear and pinion).  OK, Have someone who when it comes to mechanics I take what they say to the bank. The two agreed on what to do.  I kept the van at garage and put money in bank to wait til the mechanic found a good used rear end. Figured by end of this week I would be on my way!
It happens. The mechanic came by and told me he is going in for eye surgery and since he can't find decent help during his recovery the shop is closing down. Here I set, tires for trailer are ready to be mounted on axle, every thing is good to go and here I sit in this land locked area with a bum rear end. Mechanic says I could make the trip.  My gut says NO WAY am I pulling my boat with a bad rear end. Sure it might last another 10,000 miles. Those things do happen.  Then again I can also see it happening with me sitting on the die of the road wishing I had used my head!
If you have been following this blog you have figured out by now I am a firm believer in Providence and know there is a reason for every thing. The concept of The All Mighty's timing is not  new to me. Some how some way I know He has this all figured out. That is a good thing. If it was up to me, I think I would go see if it is possible to be burned out on maple Crown on one sitting.
The up side is I have had an interesting week. It turns out that someone I know from way back is thinking along the same lines as me. Once I pull out of here, and I AM GETTING OUT OF HERE, I think I am going to go fishing in that general area when I'm not working on the Venture and see how he is at handling a screw driver to help with the deck hard ware. It might prove to be interesting.

Such is life
Sail safe BUT GO SAIL!


No comments: