Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Food: Homemade yogurt from powder milk Part 2

Checked on the yogurt at about 12: 30 PM.. Poured it out into a bowl and its kind of thin.  That of course cooled it off, so I had to heat a bit of it up and pour it back in and stirred it up to mix. Checked the temp. Everything is back on track.

It  taste like yogurt and would be fine. I just want it a bit thicker. Right now its about the same consistency as canned tomato soup after you add water only with thicker chunks. Speaking of temperature control When I was mixing it all together it seemed like a lot of bother to do the add some hot then add some cold water to get it the right temperature so I just heated the water up to the 110- 120 degree range and poured it in. Once it got just short of being at  the point of not adding more I checked the temp. It was a bit hot so I added a bit of cool water until it was right, then added the yogurt. 

No comments: