Search This Blog

Monday, July 11, 2011

Food: Homemade yogurt from powder milk Part 3

Wow it has been almost a full 2 weeks since I put the yogurt into the fridge. When I finally figured it was as done as it was  going to get, it was pretty runny. Reminded me of a really thin shake from a fast food place whose shake machine had bit the dust. I put it in teh fridge and figured I'd add some sweetener and fruit to it later and make a frozen yogurt to thicken it up. . Finally remembered to actually go look at it. It looked pretty good. Nice thick and creamy. Taste like real yogurt as in TANGY!
Decided to do the yogurt thing any way just for a treat. Not doing ice cream any more as I have come to the conclusion commercial cows milk ice cream is just not something my digestive track is up to. Put some agave  in it. It taste rally good. Enough tang so you know it is yogurt but not over powering . Added some regular sugar so it don't freeze up like a brick of ice as per Carol's blog and for some extra taste I threw a small handful of the fruit power I dehydrated and some its of dried berry mix in. I want to let it sit over night so the dried fruit will have some time to rehydrate but am looking forward to seeing how it taste in morning,. I might freeze it or I might eat it,. If I know the guys they will want a taste and if it taste half as good as I think it might it might not last long enough for the freezer.  Will let you know how it turns out.

No comments: