Search This Blog

Monday, October 21, 2013

The Sun Will be Out Tomorrow


Just as a general update, I am posting the latest pics  on the Venture.








We THOUGHT we were going to real simply put the 4x4 under the hull , stand it up on blocks far enough apart for the wheels of the trailer to slide out and be done with it.  SO much for what thinking did this round!
g








Had EVERYTHING all set to go. It WAS a perfect plan!

Had bow all set and everything!


Then REALITY set in and blew the whole darn  plan straight into the trash! The 4x4 wont hold the weight! What to do? After a hard look around Richard noticed the pile of shingles

















Wala! We now have a soft but strong support under the boat that works.







OK so its not what I wanted.  Once again it has gone from way to hot to cool at night and if I am going to get ANYTHING done this fall it has to be NOW so the heck with what I THOUGHT I was going to do. Tomorrow I get the angle grinder out and get after it! Utilities are getting turned on tomorrow and I'm going to be getting mighty grubby in the next couple of days bit that bottom is getting done come heck or high water! DA***ED the torpedo's and cold FULL STEAM AHEAD!
SAIL!


No comments: