Search This Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Accept The Things I Cannot Change.

In most 12 step programs I am aware of they do a particular prayer at the end of each meeting. It is a prayer asking The All Mighty to help them to change the things they can, accept that they cannot change certain things and the wisdom to know the difference.  This is really good advice for parents of adult children. Some times you just have to let them figure it out on their own no matter how hard it is.  This is the part of being a parent I REALLY DO NOT LIKE!

The good news is I am so incredibly close to getting out of here I can once more taste it! The renters from hell left.  I have some paperwork to do. The house is dirty but nothing a mop won't fix. I have new paperwork typed out for the most part, on the house and an  ad on Facebook posted.

Getting things sorted out for the final  loading at the house. There are four piles in the shed. Take it for boat. Take it for van. Take it for personal stuff and the throw it out pile. The only thing left I am donating is my coffee table and that is in the van waiting to go to good will. Other then the area immediately surrounding the boat it self , the yard is clear. Next area is getting my room cleared out. That is not going to take a lot of time since it is mostly stuff that can go into the shed until I get place under contract. Once house is under contract, all I have to do is get tire on van, clear storage of my stuff,  go buy a stinger to hook boat up with, then it is load and leave.
Finally, with  the exception of the area in the keel cavity, I have the entire hull under the water line sanded . All antifiouling paint is off except for that thin residue in a few spots. I figure that will come off with washing and some acetone. Once I get my room cleared I plan on working on that a bit at a time  and the storage shed while I wait for a new buyer. It is close!

Sail safe but get out there and SAIL!

No comments: