Search This Blog

Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Addition to the Family: My Son's New Toy


What can I say, I was in the area, and the price was right. It has three SMALL holes in hull and needs the seats refastened to the side. The largest hole is on the center keel line and smaller then a dollar bill. The other two holes are on starboard stern corner. they are both smaller then a dollar bill folded in half. Technically I THINK an OLD fashioned silver dollar would cover each one so it is definitely doable.She has an LOA of a bit over 14 foot. I figure she will ride on the little trailer I bought here a while back or even on top of the van if need be with no problems.


Fixing her up is not a big deal. Patch the three small holes add a mast, sail, rudder, tiller,  lee board and some paint and he is good to go. Considering I already have almost all the stuff to fix it laying around here anyway what with all the house remodeling we have been doing plus the stuff I bought for the Toy and V 22, he is good to go.  Yes I reserve the right to take it out and play with it as a "finders fee". LOL




Update on the house,. It is getting really close. to being done. We have 2 1/2 major things left to do. The rest is a bunch of small stuff mainly touch ups and detail work. Time consuming yes but its getting there. Hope to have it done in the next week or two. If all that mundane stuff in life will just put itself on hold I'm in good shape. ROFLMAO.   Then it is kill down on getting the rudder on Venture done and focusing on that. Hopefully this heat will cool off. It has been averaging over 105 degrees since the first of June. I'm coming to the conclusion I am just going to have to do the rudder after it cools down in the middle of the night. My gut tells me since hot weather makes fiberglass set up faster that it would not work doing this when it is 100 pus degrees out side. The other idea is bring it inside to pour. Been thinking about that. How bad does this stuff stink is the question as well as how long does it take to get the stink out of the house?

I am NOT looking forward to the idea of climbing into the Venture and working inside in that kind of heat. The good news is while it will be a pain to walk around to get in and out of boat, if I have to I can put a fan inside to pull the air through. For short time periods that should work to get the noisy stuff like sawing, drilling and sanding done. The quiet stuff I can do at night.

Well that's all for now.
Fair winds and smooth seas.

No comments: