Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

Today is a good day

Today started out kind of slow. I have been wanting to get out to the Venture and  fool around but life happens. I finally decided damned the temps full speed ahead! Mostly it  has been moving things around.We have  been using the boat to store some stuff in light of all the drama that was happening. Since I'm stuck here, with a house I cant sell yet, for a while any way, the decision , as painful as it is , to move the stuff back inside and stick it in a corner some where and get back to what's important to me! If I cant sell this place for a while I'm darned sure going to get this boat ready and take it ANY PLACE that will sustain sailing even if it is Lake Texhoma for the duration!

Having said that! Well its still a good day. I'm out side in the boat. Its about 82 degrees F according to weather bug at 3:16 AM. . The good thing about the houses immediately around me being empty is the misc noises I make fooling around late at night are not a problem as if my neighbors were really close. Now I cant exactly start up a drill or a power saw but  little noises like dropping a hammer or climbing in and out of the boat are not going to give any one a sleepless night. Decided to  pull the chain plates off. Not happening with only one person.Have to have someone man a screw driver on the out side while I pull off nuts on the  inside. Did get the measurements for backing plates. I figure to get some  3: x 1.8 inch .  I;m figuring 6 feet should be enough to get that part done. Am going to get new  bolts k, nuts etc so all the metals match .

Have been playing around with the idea of going ahead and saving up for the solar panel to get the wiring started. Have to get a wiring plan figured out.  Its only a 22 ft boat so I'm figuring rough eye balling it , the longest run I should have is maybe 16 ft.

No comments: