Search This Blog

Friday, July 5, 2013

It's A Tough Life Being a Boat Dog!

To those who know me personally I have made it clear I WAS NOT as in ABSOLUTELY NO WAY getting another dog for a while.  I have had MY MIND firmly MADE UP THAT ANY CRITTER WOULD HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL I HAD MY BIG BOAT. If my followers remember, I tried it a while back but the poor thing simply could not grasp the concept of doing her business alone.  It was working just fine too. I have been foot loose and fancy free for what a little bit over a year now. NO CHILDREN! NO MEN! NO PETS! NO PROBLEMS! Life has been GREAT!
I would have gotten by with it too. I was doing just fine then I made a really BIG Muistake! I met the new renters DOGS! Now Keeshee is your average Chihuahua cross. Nice but no bells going off. Cloie is a black short hair dachshund and while cute, nothing spectacular.   Everything was just fine til I met the "baby".  His name was Bruce and he is a 3 month old long hair black dachshund.,  He took my heart at the start but still it was their dog and I was "safe" or so I thought.  Some times you and a pup are just a mismatch no matter how hard you try.  " Bruce" was just such a mismatch. Finally he and his owner came to a meeting of the minds,. It was time to rehome him.  Now me and my big mouth, thinking I was safe from being adopted by a pup especially one that is not completely house broke opened my big mouth being silly. I made the comment I'd take him in a heart beat and turn him into a boat dog. Hey he is trained to puppy pads what can I say. Sure I meant it, but I never thought any one would take me up on it! Well life being what it is, one evening this last week my renter came out and asked me if I was serious. " Bruce" had tested her patience once to often. Me being me and already attached said yes. Meet " Buddie" ( the name Bruce had to go.)  Here he is trying on PFD's at Petmart.  The x-small fits him perfectly. I don't know why but that pic is gone . This was the small size which he has much room to grow in. I decided to wait to see how big he gets in the next few weeks between me being in blue water before I actually buy one.







Van is almost ready.So far I have replaced the tie rod ends, pitman arm, back brake shoes, corrected the back brake adjuster, changed anything that is fluid, including but not limited to the differential oil, replaced spark plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, rotor and  front bearings. Other then the power steering pump squealing I THINK I have it under control and might actually get out of this land locked area some time this month.  Needless to say the PO lied about how well it had been maintained. Oh well, such is life. It will do what I need it to do and that is all that counts. The good news is the engine runs GREAT and after doing all of this, I should have a trouble free trip.  .


Was finishing the front shocks when the water pipe in the street busted. Wouldn't you know it chose to flood the area exactly under the van where I was working.  It was really weird. I was under the van ,  went to go get a tool and came back to a flood, so we caught it in time to prevent foundation damage to house. The city got out here and put a clamp on it. ( Their way to save money )  So instead of that while I am waiting  for the mud under the van to dry out, I'm catching up on my blog and internet activities. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. LOL

 Had an early morning visitor the other day . I think I will call him Fred.




Not a lot else going on.
Sail safe but what ever you do SAIL!

No comments: