Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Search for a landing spot

I have ads out on CL looking for a spot to work on the boat that I can actually live at. Storage shed places are great but you cannot live there.
 http://wichitafalls.craigslist.org/sha/3937438473.html
  http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/3935585941.html

Any place between with in 400 miles of Duncan Oklahoma  headed  either Houston or Pensacola is great with me.
 For those who are either responding to my ad or who I have sent a response to their ad, here are the details.


 I am a middle aged lady ( 56) who recently sold my house on a rent to own. Had things figured out so that they would work. Got hit with unexpected bills on repairs on the van I bought  to tow this boat. That threw a moneky wrench into the whole  thing on timing. The people who are renting to own my house have been great but this is getting old fast. I am literally renting the drive way from the people renting the house from me.  Weird ?

Any way what I am looking for is a spot in  a back yard, garage, shed etc to park the boat and work on it some where between  Duncan Oklahoma and either Houston, TX or Pensacola Florida.   I'm fairly open to just about any thing . If space is an issue I am more then happy to rent a spot to put the van once I have the boat there. The whole purpose of van is to pull boat. Not for daily driving since I have  the car.

                                                 People have asked for pics so here they are.

I have a dachshund pup. He is about 3 months old and trained to puppy pads. Yes, that is  me  holding him.
                     


                                                              Car I will be bringing.



                                                       Van  I will be bringing.






 The boat is a 22 foot sailboat.  She needs keel work,  a bottom job, rudder and tiller work ( VERY EASY)   and paint. Other then that it is just reassembling the deck hard ware and off I go.  All I need is a place to block her up and get it done. I am figuring on 2 maybe 3 months to get it all done, since I don't have this unending supply of cash to do it all at once. I am really hoping for something close to  water since the market to buy things has  greater competition and I should be able to find stuff cheaper then in a land locked area. Seriously, around here  the local store that is called a marine supply did not even know what bottom paint is.

A bit about me personally.I'm the quiet type. My bad habits are I smoke tobacco and on extremely rare occasion I have been known to have a mixed drink. I do not do drugs and I am definitely NOT into drama.

Why am I not posting a pic of me? I just do not do that on my blog. It is a personal safety thing. If we are discussing me parking at your place I will send you a pic  on cell or email privately when it gets to that point, if you want one.. Thanks for understanding. 
 Thanks
Sail safe but sail!

No comments: