Search This Blog

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Foam Experiment Update

I put the foam in the water on January 8th. It is 8:30 AM January 16, 2001. There is no sign of water infiltration in any of the four pieces of foam. This includes the sides that are not sealed by oxygen contact in the canned foam. Granted it has only been a week since the experiment was started but, my opinion is even with a sever hull breech, if you have enough foam,  you should be able to get back to land on a coastal cruiser using the canned foam to fill in voids for added flotation.
This is my NON PROFESSIONAL OPINION. I am showing my personal research and am not able to take responsibility if you try this one your own. Research this topic your self from all available sources before you make the decision to emulate this as each boat and each situation is different. .

Updated book reviews

No comments: