Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Little Bit of this, A Little BIt of That

Wow I can't believe it has been so long since the last post.
If you have been following this blog the last post was about getting my bedroom floor finished.
I'm in there on my knees sanding and realized we had not refinished the window.. What was supposed to be a fast refinish it and put it back, turned into a full fledged OY!!!!
As it turns out some where between it getting out of the window and into the work area, the window  fell apart in our hands, literally. The only thing that was holding it together was the frame around it.    Rebuilding a window was not what I had in mind for this week but......
The choices are:

1.buy a new window that fits exactly. Have you ever been able to match a window in a 90 year old house? Neither have I.

2. Get one as close as is possible and have to rework the siding. We just yesterday finished he exterior of all that tiny little details with only one small item left to do, once payday gets here. I AM NOT, I repeat NOT  redoing an entire side of this house just to match the siding in the window area. 

3. Rebuild the existing window.

Let us not go into that except to say it is getting done.

My bedroom turned into the work room while all this is getting done. Hence the floor awaits. HOPEFULLY this the week we get my bed room cleared of all side projects and I can actually  continue on refinishing the floor.

The good news is  the shelf is finally up in my closet, a LOT of stuff is packed and loaded into the boat ready to go. the tiles have been bought for the kitchen floor, the lower cabinets are almost finished, the door to the  corner cabinet in the living room are waiting to be installed and  a LOT of stuff has been disposed of. Craigslist is a great place to put a curb alert on things you don't want to waste time taking to the good will. My closet is almost empty and my bath room is darned near empty of all that stuff that has been taking up space.
All things  considered a lot has been getting done.
For those of you just joining us, the question might be occurring, what does all this have to do with sailing much less building a home made catamaran?  It is simple , it has to be done so I can sell the house to pay for  a blue water boat I can live on.

I have decided what I am going to do with The Toy. I will strap it on to the V 22 and take it with me.
Fair winds to all

No comments: