Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Zynga games : castle vlle, Back yard Monsters etc, etc

PLEASE PASS THIS ON!
 I Posted this in the Zynga forum. It will be interesting to see what if any thing positive (for he players) happens. 




Unhappy My honest opinion

Not sure if this is correct forum but since crafting is directly connected to these items I will post it here.

Just tried to craft wool tunic for the career woman quest. When I went to actually craft it I found that my wool cloth that I had been saving up on was gone! This is not the first time something like this has happened. It has gotten to the point of being predictable. It has happened with gold bars for buildings as well as other items. I have posted on different issues of this nature in previous post.

People play these games to have a bit of fun and light entertainment. These constant problems with inventory disappearing, especially when it is related to what ever current quest is in progress, really rob the enjoyment of playing the game.
I will give you an example. I started playing BYMonsters several months ago. I really liked the game. Two other members of my house were playing it with me. In one month I dropped about 100.00 USD into the game for golden mushrooms. Some for my self, some for them. It became redundant and boring becasue it was to long to get the golden mushrooms naturally and it took so long to do stuff that checking on game progress to advance to the next item became a chore that was just not fun any more.

Current situation other then wool cloth disappearing is same as the golden mushrooms. When I started playing Castle ville, the alchemy powder that comes randomly was a fairly frequent item that you could get a good flow / momentum going. If memory serves on lower levels you could get it from a pond. Now I find that I have to go visit neighbors and only do certain types of things to get any and even then after collecting one or two I have to wait hours to be able to collect more as it stops appearing. at all after having collected a couple of them. Since this is needed for gold bars, it is critical to me building royal buildings and other quest items.

It is not that I object to spending money on a silly computer game. I have already done that and will no doubt do it again. ( May have been under different FB id) It is the same as spending money to go to the movies. NO better no worse. What I object to is having a "game" turn into a chore that demands I spend money on items that I KNOW I had in my inventory or need to progress instead of being able to spend those same dollars on items I WANT to spend that same cash on. I d not appreciate feeling like I am being manipulated into something on any level for any reason.
That is basically my reaction to all these on gong issues that all seem to be connected to quest especially. Yes there are people who get impatient and will spend the cash. I am not one of them.
PT Barnum said he would rather have a handful of nickles then a dollar bill in his hand. I suspect he under stood VOLUME sales. Large box store corporations understand this concept. It is a money maker.
AM I going to keep playing this game? I don't know. The fun factor is getting really thin. I saw the sale on crowns. Bad timing on your part was one reason I did not buy crowns. The other reasons are these issues that my self and others have repeatedly mentioned. Last night and today when I thought about playing what popped into my mind was not go have a bit of fun but the headaches associated with trying to play this game. All these problems are literally teaching me to associate Zynga with aggravation and headaches. When I first got an invite from a friend to play castle ville, memory of the aggravation and ongoing cost of BYM came to mind. It as a week before I decided to give Zynga another chance. I had hoped Zynga had figured out the importance of volume sales and discretionary spending of consumers in hard economical tiles. THIS IS NOT A GOOD CORPORATE IMAGE TO LEAVE IN CUSTOMERS MINDS!
The lack of being able to store items is also a MAJOR issue that comes into play when i think about spending money on this game as I myself an others have already posted in massive proportions .
This appears to be a issue on all Zynga games not just Castleville. Hopefully Zynga will correct this. IMHO it is a marketing issue that is losing your corporation volume sales.
The concept is good, Its a bit of fun that I personally really enjoy. Life is to short to volunteer for more headaches.

On a more specific note, crafting items that take long periods of time or that demand hard to get items is REALLY BORING!!!!!!!!
LACK OF STORAGE SPACE IS ANOTHER AGGRAVATION!
You have massive feed back on this. It does not make any sense that the same issue is still reoccurring with the professional bug shooters on staff of a corporation this size. It is costing Zynga cold hard cash when ever any one leaves game play over redundant issues.

Barbie Rede firefox

No comments: