Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Good News: Spring is Arriving

According to Yahoo weather it is supposed to get up into the 70's this week! YIPPEEE!!!!
 The marine grade resin and cloth is sitting here waiting to go on my rudder.
I bought most of the charting tools. Found the ruler, triangles etc at Hobby Lobby for 11 bucks and some change. Went to look at office depot and Staples hoping to find parallel rulers but came up dry, so  I figure I'll just order them online. 
Got two tie downs at the RV section  of Wallay world for 10.00 a piece. Remember when they where called dog tie outs in the pet department and  LOT cheaper? What what the heck. Its a one time expanse so I'm not gonna kick to bad.  Have rope, was planning on using straps. Have you priced straps lately? YIKES! Talk about sticker shock! A gal could get a heart attack with those prices. Since short lengths of rope are fairly stout, I'm going to tie three ropes to each one and run it that way since I already have some rope with the right working strength.
They will work as dual ground tackle for tying up to shore after it does its duty as a boat tie down for keel repair .   I have been seriously thinking I need heavier anchors for the V 222. Yes, it came with an anchor. It's the same identical make and size anchor as the one I bought for The Toy.  I know they will work for The Toy no doubt but.......

Next step : Go outside and look at what wood is on hand to make a crawler for under the boat to to lower the keel on to.

1 comment:

The Great and Powerful Oz said...

go to harborfreight.com and get on their mailing list. Things like tiedown straps are offered on sale quite often and are much cheaper.