Search This Blog

Saturday, February 19, 2011

We have a Tow Vehicle

Once again Providence has smiled upon us. The budget for a van capable to tow the Venture was 400.00. She is old and she needs a LOT of TLC. She will get out there and do 90 as my son states, who followed me home in the car. No, I was not speeding on purpose. When you are used to driving a small car and get into a large full sized van, it does not seem like your going that fast. The good news is she also has cruise control. Other then windshield repair or replacement  and some tires, mostly she needs a major tuneup and the lights on the back do not work yet.  The fancy interior lights work now that we have done a bit of rewiring. One is missing but that's another easy fix. Need a new switch as the buttons  to turn on the light do not function properly but that's an easy fix.
Just for grins and giggles I'm going to play around and see what happens with a windshield repair kit. I know the recommendations. I've been researching this ever since I saw her online. They say it can't be done. If you have been following this blog you KNOW where that is going, right?  If my theory proves out, I won't have to replace the glass. If it does not, I'm out the price of a couple of windshield repair kits. I have this nagging thought that says try it and see what happens. Every time I go with a nagging idea  like this something good happens so I'm going for it.



Have not taken pics of the van yet but here is the windshield.






I doubt you can see it but here are places where the crack disappears and starts again later.


They call that a daisy, To much pressure was used injecting the resin.Yes, that is the mast up on the porch roof. 

If you look at the spot between the arrows you can see the crack fades out and restarts.


 Physics is physics. If you cure resin it will bond, so lets see how this turns out.

No comments: