Search This Blog

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Today Is About Not Doing A Thing Except Enjoying The Boat

Some days you got to just sit on your butt and relax in your boat, ready or not , regardless of how long the current bucket list is. Today was that day.  It was in the 70's and once we got the ice and water out of the cockpit so we could lift up the tarp to get inside and put the pop top up, it was all over but the sitting.  Made my first cup of boat coffee for the season and enjoyed a game of Monopoly with my son. Is it me or do Oreo's and bagels taste better on a boat?  I know I have not tasted better coffee then that cup I made today.
 To give all you Northerner's a clue as to how cold did it get here... . It was so cold in Oklahoma that I had ice a good 4 to  6 inches deep in the water buckets in the boat.  That was after the highs yesterday being in the 40's and today's high gettign up to the 70's. Here are a few of the pics we took clearing out the cock pit. We had chunks of large, thick ice that were in the tarp over the cock pit.









 The 2 "dividers" are the rope holding the tarp up from the surface of the boat.














                                        That's some decent sized ice chunks in any ones book.




 The good news is except for about an inch of water in the cock pit under the tarp, the rest of the boat was bone dry.


I noticed the drain t in the cock pit has nothing to stop small items from passing through it unhindered. Need to correct that.



That's all for now. Happy Sailing Season!!!!

No comments: