Search This Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Deck Plates, Hulls and other stuff.

Are you old enough to remember when little  girls has playhouses in the back yard or a tree house?. An adult could theoretically sit inside but not with any comfort.  Now imagine trying to run a sander in a very small place such as that for a couple of hours and you have an accurate description of what I did during the warm hours today.  The good news is I have a wood burning stove to warm up  next to and  get the resulting kinks out of my back.  No one told me I had to be a contortionist to do this. ROFLMAO!!!!!!


Deck plate at Hull
Basically it looks pretty good, It is sealed in the parts I have seen so far.  The bolts that are exposed look solid, NO sign of corrosion






The bumps are the bolts.

The red stains are the result of mud daubers, which explains where all the red mud on the sails came from











Chain plate



Chain plate was partially hidden under board. Fastens to hull on inside then through deck plate. That would explain all  the spidering.


The Sink
 
 


The sink it self is usable.




Hoses appear usable








 V berth base board
It had the same thin vinyl covered ply wood that the deck plate area was covered with






Prior ventilation system for under V Berth


Mud Dauber Central




Vinyl Covering on V berth End
The board will make a good template for the new one.





It was still wet after sitting all this time. I literally rubbed this splinter off.








Tore out part of carpet. The hull is good and solid , I was concerned about that since on the trailer we could not see the very bottom to well.  No sign of soft spot or weakness. The pics did not come out so will have to retake them




I finally got the port aft locker opened. It was painted shut on one corner.  Other then the carpet it looks solid.




 Token First aid kit




The Aft hatch







This is why I take o many pictures, I have looked at this boat 100 times and did not see this hole until I looked at the photos.




No comments: