Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Rudder

To be short the rudder is a mess. NOT as bad as it could be but it needs work. Page might load slow., There are about 60 photos here. As before mostly this is for me to be able to keep track of where every thing goes later.  The good news is the rudder swings freely  with no problem. Have not had chance to soak it yet to see if she swells. The sails have had dibs on the bath tub.



Tiller cover needs washed

Over all not to bad from a distance




Tiller connection hardware.


The wood itself seems solid enough. Needs sanding, varnish and epoxy. Someone mentioned the Bristol finish . Think I might want to rethink my viewpoint on using that  after all.    Give the ol' gal a marine version of bling.




Tiller is completely delaminated all the way up.

 I am SOOO glad I have electric sanders.







Entire edge is serrated like a steak knife.
















This one bothers me. The crack goes all the way through and it is like the wood got moved over in this one spot. .



Lots of round black spots. Wiping it down with Clorox.






Spot where wood shifts.




















No comments: