Search This Blog

Saturday, December 11, 2010

LIfes Little Pleasures.



Finally I get back to The Boat. I keep hearing the word yacht.  Me? Owning a yacht? I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one.  Now I know folks in the groups, who are basically my sailing family. won't take this wrong or at least I can't think of any reason any one would, but if I said the word yacht around MY family, they would tell me I'm being stuck up.  I found that out when the 900 dollar car I got many years ago was a Mercedes.  My grandpa's would have thought it is VERY cool but my cousins.... eh. Some of them are a completely different story.  So for blood kin, with a few exceptions.   I  simply have a sail boat.

This week in the spare minutes of life we got the mast off and stored.  Still have not got the bow ___ off and stored. I'm drawing a complete blank on what the frame work thing around the bow is? DAH!!!!!
Got the sails, sail cover etc all out to wash and  the boom off of the main sail. Inspected the main sail stitching. Except for the hole I already knew about, the immediate area around that  and  a few stitches in the head of the sail  the stitching looks great! Brought the rudder inside so I can take a good long look at it. I noticed a few cracks but have not given it a hard look yet to see if it is surface or not. I figured if I was perfect it would be a unexpected delight so if I have to repair it so be it. I bought a 30 x 10 tarp so she is covered. The tarp goes all the way to trailer so got some really short bungees for it. Have fenders under the tarp so air can circulate. Took out the porta potti. I think maybe we may have to get a new one if I can't gets parts. It has 1985 on it on a label. Time will tell. Stowed small stuff and PFD's I had bought for boat in side. .


 Life has kept pretty busy this week but I finally got some pics made and ready to post so here they are. Hopefully I won't duplicate what I have already posted. I'm putting them in groups, more or less, for easy reference. This page may be slow to upload since it has 80 plus  photos on it.  Most of these are multiple shots of the same thing from various distances.  I took  them that way simply for reference and perspective so I know where every thing goes should the need arise.  Loaded them so I have a convenient place to keep them.



The Cock pit. Yes She seriously needs a bath!



The depression on the port side aft is what separates this as  Venture 22 from other MacGregors. The hatch opens to the cabin which is something I'm going to CHANGE! Making a box, glassing it in and making it water tight.

Cock pit lights. NOT wired in . Port side
Cock pit light starboard side, not wired in.

The Bow












Cabin



We figure these were to fasten something but not sure exactly what.

As you can see there are two of them.





Repair spot

Inner wire for cockpit light  starboard

Cock pit wire Port not wired

Starboard window seal needs fixed

Same window

The Pop up WORKS!!!!!!!!! YIPPEEE!!!!!

I have NO idea what the L bracket  hardware does, unless it is to support the rods. Need to take a good look when it is down next time I am in the boat.

At several places round the pop up these holes are just there. I'm totally clueless what they are for at this point.

Holes

Holes

Holes

What does that dimple next to the hole mean?


Hi Mr Bill!!!!

Enough of holes

 Pop up Top
Buy wing nuts

Blister town  here we come. All this scraping

The Mast

This thing was NOT going to come off during transport. Had to work like a dog on this bungee and the knot.

Looks so innocent and simple to break loose .

 I think they used a 5 pound bungee on a 10 pound spot, to make it good and tight.




Aft

Port

Top
 Hardware shots
Better shot of hardware

Hardware shot




Close up

For perspective



























Mast Tabernacle


Spreader configuration
I'm pretty sure the spreaders are supposed to fold down next to mast. For now they are still out but safely in a place no one is going to mess with them and risk getting them broke.





 Inside

 Sink counter needs work .



V berth is about 3- 4 inches taller then my foot is long, That's abut 14" high.

I'm sure we will figure out where this goes, but for now I'm open to suggestions.

 Hatch hinges need replaced. The locking mechanism works fine. 

Porta potti spot.

No comments: